Cost: $150 ($10 range fee paid to the range)
Course Length: 8-9 hours
- 24 March 2018
- 25 March 2018
- 10 June 2018
- 02 September 2018
The NRA’s Personal Protection In The Home (PPITH) course meets the requirements for Michigan’s Concealed Pistol License (CPL) application. This course covers the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude essential to the safe and efficient use of a handgun for the protection of yourself, your family, and to provide information on the law-abiding individual’s right to self-defense.
The Steadfast Application CPL course goes well beyond the cookie cutter NRA course taught in many CPL classes in the area. The personal knowledge and experience that Brandon and Tim provide in the class provide up to date information and realistic applications of the techniques taught. During the range portion of the class, you will see a glimpse into our “Structural Handgun” class where we will cover topics of stance, grip, sights, and triggers instead of just having you shoot the minimum required rounds to get you off the range.
What to expect:
- Information on defensive shooting.
- Defense inside the home before, during, and after the event.
- A legal brief from an attorney educated in the Use of Deadly Force.
- Aspects of selecting the right handgun for you.
- Information on additional and continued training.
- Cumulative exam over the course information.
- Range portion in which we will fire a minimum of 125 rounds of ammunition which will cover both the pre-qualification and required shooting courses of fire.
- A handgun you plan to shoot during the course (recommended that you bring the handgun you plan to carry). Recommended 9mm/.38spl or larger caliber.
- 150 rounds (200 recommended) of quality ammunition for the firearm you plan on taking too the course.
- Contact us for special pricing on ammunition for this course.
- Eye and ear protection which are required on the range at all times.
- Pen and paper.
- We will shoot the pre-qual before we start the actual range portion of the class.